You wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and see a sane, rational human being. Presumably that’s what everyone thinks they see. And yet we all know the world is chock-full of dribbling cretins. Here are a few indicators that, far from being the most sensible person you know, you may actually be a fucking idiot…
1. You’re worried about immunising your child against various dangerous diseases because you believed Jim Carey/Jenny McCarthy/the Daily Mail when they said that vaccines cause autism.
2. You gave a shit on any level at all that Nick Griffen was appearing on Question Time. (Give yourself 2 points if you also thought that hardcore BNP supporters might have been dissuaded from their beliefs by an argument mounted by a left-wing black American woman)
3. You were surprised and appalled by the ‘revelation’ that MPs play fast and loose with their expense claims.
4. You think that the signing of the Lisbon Treaty means “the end of England” and that this is in some way a bad thing.
5. You have ever put a “BeatCancer” hashtag on one of your tweets (as if the only reason we haven’t found a cure yet is because not enough people were reminding scientists to look for one).
6. You’ve ever fired a science advisor for stating scientific facts (admittedly, that may not be many of you).
7. You thought Season 7 of The West Wing was a return to form.
8. You’ve ever said that the shopping in Leeds and/or Brighton is “just as good as London”.
9. You’re optimistic about Windows 7.
10. You’ve ever written a list-based blog post.
UPDATE: For your listening pleasure, I have experimented with attaching a song to this post. How nice am I?!